Friday, December 31, 2010

A Few of my Favorite things.....................

Native Orchids:  I go looking for these and am surprised at how most happen in the most common places, road sides, backyards, this yellow fringe orchid had a little attack bug sitting in wait

Newts, Salamanders and lizards:  I love these things, here is a spotted newt,this one is by a waterfall by our Tennessee house

Tadpoles:  and springtime puddle looking.  I don't like the destruction that 4-wheelers do to our public lands, but treasures can often be found in the water filled ruts that they create.  Frog, toad and salamander eggs and tadpoles, take a look this spring

Blackberries:  I love to walk along in the summer and eat the blackberries trail side and road side

Wild Blueberries:  these are a treat in the woods

These Ziplock jars are great for leftovers, or whatever, and the plus is that the lid fits the different sizes-love that

Campfires: love to just sit alone or with friends-one of my most favorite things

the Statue of Liberty: just something about her that I love-if you haven't been, put it on your list to go do

Delicate Arch: go sit and watch as the light changes through the day.  One of my most awesome moments in life was sitting here and watching the sunset, then hiking out in the dark along the cliffs-the cliffs were not on the awesome list, but the sunset was magnificent

Scooter: don't have one, but they are cool

Hand made soaps: I love a nice hand made soap

Outside showers: this one is at the campground at Land Between the Lakes, Kentucky.

Canoeing the rivers of Missouri-there are no better streams to meander on

Words that inspire

Honda Elements: I use to be a Jeep person, but this Element has been so practical -I love it and all wheel drive

VW campers: don't have one but wish they would make these again

Bottle trees:  saw these at one of the B&B's in Georgia, sort of neat

Packing for a trip: I enjoy that thrill of whats to come

Hot Tomato Cafe, Fruita, Colorado: this is a place you must go to, great pizza and people my favorite place to eat

Zinnias: as a little girl I planted these with marigolds in our flower garden with mom.  This is my favorite garden flower.


BBQ: Pork Chops and veggies cooked on the campfire or BBQ

Cupcakes: not cake, or cookies, but cupcakes, well, really the buttercream frosting homemade of course.

Favorite author: Sue Hubbell, I just really enjoy her books about nature.

Sushi: ooo la la-yum

Making Suet for the birds

garden gloves- just the right pair makes gardening even more enjoyable

Keen sandels: have two pairs that I will wear until they can no longer be repaired

Pumpkins: they're just fun

GPS: It took me until 2010 to give in and get one, this has been  a surprise favorite thing.  Here yes, we are in the water, getting the boat out of the lake and on to the trailer.

Sea Planes: flying in a sea plane is just a thrill, especially if its going to a small tropical island.

Pens:  I have a pen fixation, gel pens mostly and nice markers

Light Houses: pure coolness, these structures were built so long ago and are amazing

Honda Element: again, how many cars can you get a swimming pool in?

Jamis Eclipse Road bike: Steel is real, this bike has an amazing ride, comfortable, light and built for the long rides, the American Classic wheels are great also

Ox Heart Tomatoes:  these heirloom tomatoes have amazing flavor, if you can find them try them.  In 2011 I'm going to try to grow them

Tiki Torches: they're fun, got to have some

Lettuce spinner and greens keeper:  these two items are awesome, the lettuce keeper does just that, keeps lettuce and spinach nice and crisp in the fridge

Canned Tomatoes: growing things in the garden then preserving them to eat later in the year, I just love that!
Hand made Pottery: love stuff made by locals we find on our travels
Hats and Buffs: I'm a hat and buff freak blacks and browns are my favos right now

Compost Bin:  this one is terrific, sits on the counter and has a charcoal filter, easy to carry out to the compost pile, no bugs, no smells. Plus, it was picked up at a garage sale
Of course inspired by the Julie Andrews song, whiskers on kittens and snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes.....  here are a few "things" that are my favorites, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Campfires are Good!